Did your child's school celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday today?

I work at a preschool and we are having a Dr. Seuss celebration all week. I made some Cat-in-the hat cookies and since I had extra I took it to my son's classroom along with his favorite Dr. Seuss book. The teacher thanked me and she said that she had completely forgotten about it. I thought Dr. Seuss week was really big in the elementary schools because of NEA's "Read across America". So, did your child's school celebrate in any way? If so, what did they do?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 8:04 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in

• They've been celebrating all week, but my daughter's teacher didn't do anything special today, just some of the other teachers. Last year (kindergarten) they all wore red and made hats and had a party with treats.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 8:08 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Yeo my dds pore-k did, then she got sent home with a fever. She was bummed but they let her bring treats and what not home.

Answer by gemgem at 8:14 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Yep for they had a program and used construction paper to wrap Dr. Seuss books up. My son really enjoys the ABC Alphabet book! Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!!!
    CBMama06

Answer by CBMama06 at 8:23 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• It's Book Week here, so yep, they celebrated.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:26 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Yes. I honestly think it i show I first learned how to read by myself. I was born in another country. So when I cam here at 4 I knew only my native tongue. Dr. Seuss taught me how to read. So well that in 6th grade I had a 12th grade reading average. So i highly reccomend Dr. Seuss.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• My preschool class celebrated Dr. Seuss's birthday on the 2nd. We made Green Eggs and Ham, read the book. Made Cat in the Hats from the kids footprints. We have been doing Dr. Seuss things all week and reading a lot of his books. We had so much fun that we are continuing the celebration next week!!! The kids have learned to rhyme because of Dr. Seuss. There are so many lessons and activities that can be taught from Dr. Seuss.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:53 PM on Mar. 4, 2010