Worried- 3 week old just hurt head!

My husband bumped our 3 week old baby's head on the door frame when walking thru it... She has about an inchslightly raised red mark on her little head. She didn't cry but she fussed he said. I'm unsure if I should call the doctor. She seems ok but I am just worried. What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:12 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you are unsure and you are worried then just call. That's what the doc is there for. They are used to worried new mommies. They will tell you what to do. When my son was about 5 or 6 weeks old my husband fell asleep holding him and he slipped off the couch. He was fine, but it freaked me right out.

Call the doc and get some piece of mind.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:15 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• you should monitor her for at least the next hour. if she seems like she's getting sleepy fast, her pupils are smaller or larger than normal and if the area around the bump keeps swelling, you need to call the doctor. Don't let her go to sleep if possible while you monitor her.
    she should be fine...but when in doubt call the doc....
    Kids bounce back fast!
    Anonymous

• Lemme guess this is your first child? Babies are built tough and if she isn't upset or acting sick she is fine, just keep an eye on her.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:22 PM on Mar. 2, 2010