? about Vegetarians

What the heck is up with the "vegetarians" that say they are vegetarian but eat fish and or chicken... HELLO! those are still animals and still meat! LOL

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• what does health have to do with it...the point is vegetarian means you don't eat meat...if you eat the meat of an animal, no matter how healthy it is, you're not a vegetarian
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 8:58 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Vegans do not eat any animal products. Most vegetarians eat cheese, milk, and some eat fish.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:48 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• those are the ones who do it as a fad...not because they care about the animals...they aren't actually vegetarians...they just say they are
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 8:48 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• LOL, I've never heard someone say that, but that's funny. BTW, I'm a vegetarian, but I eat meat, poultry, and fish.
    Anonymous

• ummm she didn't ask about Vegans...i'm sure she knows what vegans are...she asked about the ppl who pretend to be vegetarians
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 8:49 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• it's called semi-vegetarian. and for many people it is a step towards ovo and/or lacto vegetarian.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 8:50 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• hhahahahahaahaha that is funny...it's true though...it's the meat f an animal...if you eat the meat of any animal you're not a vegetarian
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 8:51 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• OP HERE
    I understand what Vegans are and why SleepingBeauty. I also understand about the dairy products since no animal died to provide it.

Do fish and other seafoods not count? they live and breath (well they get their oxygen through the water) Why are they OK to eat? Is it because they aren't cute?

I personally find cows ugly so I don't mind eating a nice big steak LOL I have a fear of birds so eating chicken is just fine with me too.
    Anonymous

• Haha. My daughter is one of those. She went vegetarian at age 2, her choice, because she absolutely hated the taste and texture of meat. I have food issues in the worst way from parents who did not understanding sensory issues so I picked my battles. She's almost 16 now, and she has come to try and like a few meat dishes, but she is still primarily vegetarian. She eats very, very little meat of any kind so I have no problem with her calling herself a vegetarian. But I can't say for anyone else, though.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 8:53 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• um i was a vegitarian for about a year..... and no i didnt eat any animals... i just went by what peta had
    Anonymous