Is this true?

Walking can induce labor? Is it true that with your second pregnancy ,labor is a lot quicker when it starts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• ONLY if baby is already down and in position AND you are dilated AND you are having contractions (either slow and regular or irregular)

It helps because GRAVITY WORKS if baby and your body isn't ready, it isn't going to do anything
    Anonymous

• It does not INDUCE, it HELPS when labor is ALREADY in progress, even just early labor. But it will not bring it on if it hasn't started on it's own.
    Anonymous

• It can help to thin and dilate your cervix which can release labor starting hormones but your body has to be ready, and no your 2nd labor will not be short just because it is your 2nd each labor is different and if you have a history of long labor in your family on your mom's side and you had a long first labor odds are your next labor will be long as well.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:23 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• It helped me.
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 9:24 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• OP HERE---Well I AM DILATED .....and asked this because I keep having irregular contractions and am stuck in the phase were he will prolly be here in a few days or so and I heard that walking can help with this plus make labor easier on you.I had a short labor the first time and Asked about the Second labor because I keep hearing from everyone that it is sooo much faster and blah blah blah and did not know if it was true lol
    Anonymous

• Since you are dilated and having some contrax, then yes, walking could help things along. In general second and subsequent labours are shorter, but of course that's not true in every case.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 9:33 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I really wish that people with short labors would quit telling pregnant women about it, because when your labor turns out to be long you feel like a failure. Not meaning you OP but the people talking to you. Don't listen to them. Each labor is different, and could be short could be long. Yes walking can help if you are dilated and having contractions but sex works better if there are contractions present already. Please be sure to stay hydrated and well fed you need your energy. Good luck
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:34 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• yes walking does help.. believe me, im laboring right now and i walked for the past 3 days at the mall
    Anonymous

• Well the labor and delivery nurses told me it's normal for 2nd and later births to go faster. That's not a 100% guarantee, but it seemed to be what the nurses expected.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:06 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Walking does not induce labor, but rather helps it along and go faster if it has already started. My second labor went faster, but I pushed longer due to her being sunny side up.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:16 PM on Mar. 2, 2010