Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my 7 year old son been having cheast pain for about a month on and off!!

and also spikes high fevers out of nowhere and the lymphnodes in his neck are swollen all the time heasdaches and bodyaches and bhis doctor keeps saying its nothing am i over reacting or do i need a new doctor by the way his doctor is about 82 years old

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

Answers (9)
  • sounds like my sons doc. he's gotta be about 80. You should take him to the ER if he says his chest is hurting.

    Answer by shay1130 at 9:31 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

  • Get a new Dr, not because of the age (of the Dr), but because of his lack of concern about your son's health and pain.

    If you aren't willing to change Drs entirely, at least get a second opinion as far as this goes.

    Good luck!

    Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:32 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

  • Yeah, get another doctor asap! Spiking fevers and chest pains in a child are not nothing. Please look for a new doctor and don't feel guilty about it either. Your doc should be fine with you getting a second opinion.

    Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:33 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

  • 82 years old? yeah for sure get a new doctor!!!! If he has a high fever now take him to e r now. If he has no high fever but is in pain call a new doc tomorrow and say your child's sick, don't say anything about other doctor just that you need one cause today your son is sick.

    Do you have any neighbors in the area you can get names of doctors from? Your local hospital should have a referall list of doctors too to choose from


    Answer by lfl at 9:33 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

  • You need to take him to a different doctor---this has gone on too long.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

  • he needs to see someone else - if there is not another doc in the office that can see him maybe take him to an urgent care and deal with the finding a new doc after he is taken care of

    good luck

    Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:49 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

  • You needed a new doctor a month ago when it all started. Take him to a new doctor TOMORROW!

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

  • I would go to another doctor because its better to be safe than sorry, I'd rather have a second opinion especially if i feel something is wrong

    Answer by toybar02 at 12:21 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

  • chest pain could be something serious in a child. he could have an infection in his lungs which is causing his chest to hurt when he breaths. i would go to the ER and ask for xrays to be done

    Answer by shay1130 at 8:30 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Just for Fun
glow worm question

Next question overall (Pregnancy)
hot flashes?