do i go in?

i am 4 cm dilated im 38 and 4days along. i got checked today and im in really bad pain having cramps and some contractions. i am spotting blood with every time i go to teh bathroom. my back is hurting too. if this was you, would u go into labor and delivery?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• because of the blood, I would.
    Anonymous

• I would have sex to see if I could jump start labor. If you do, make sure if you do have sex to stay laying down for 20 minutes after to let the semen ripen the cervix. Also make sure you get the big O it can start the contractions into a regular pattern.
    Good Luck... You will be holding your LO soon!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:35 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• i REALLY do not feel like having sex with the way i feel right now :(
    Anonymous

• Yeah, I can understand that. I felt the same with my last baby, I had been having contractions all day and they were not getting any stronger or coming faster. We had sex and my labor really kicked in and I had him within 4 hours. The idea of sex was terrible, but I did it and am so happy I did.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:39 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Take a walk, drink some water, get on a yoga ball if you have one, change positions often, and wait wait wait. Don't go in until you are having consistent contractions that you cannot walk or talk through. Spotting is called your bloody show and that just means that your cervix is thinning and dilating, but it is not time to go in just yet, be patient you don't want to get sent home, and you don't want them pushing unneeded interventions on you because they are impatient.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:39 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I would call my doctor/midwife and see what they say. I would hate to pack up and go to the hospital only to be sent home again.
    Anonymous

• I'd call doctor and let doctor tell you. Be honest about what's happening. I don't blame you for not wanting sex. Contractions and sex ugh!!!!!!!!!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 9:41 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• alrighty then, i will call my doc. wish me luck thank you!
    Anonymous

• Good Luck. Keep us updated to if you have your baby tonight.

Labor Dust for you...

baby dust

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:46 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• This is iffy because you can spot after getting checked. The last couple of weeks I would spot and cramp for a day after I got checked.
    My labor started by me spotting (pink), when the contractions came, the spotting got heavier. By the time I made it to the hospital I was pretty much full on bleeding pink blood.
    You can call L&D and ask but they will most likely tell you that it is a normal result from getting checked. The first time it happened to me I called and that's what they told me. I had alot of false alarms when I was pregnant so please dont take what I say as mean.
    Of course, if the contractions are consistent, I would go.
    Good luck mama and early congrats on your baby!!!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 10:00 PM on Mar. 2, 2010