if your getting a second opinion from another doctor do you need to take your records from your doctor??

and if so how do you go about asking them for your records?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes you do, and you just call and say I want my records they tell you where to go and sign for them it can take a while sometimes but you can ask for a rush.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:36 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• second opinion doctors like to have opposing docs records with patient for consult. But that wouldn't stop me from seeing another doctor. Many second opinion doctors run their own new tests anyway with their methods of testing that they're comfortable with for comparison.

Take a big purse w/you and when receptionist or nurse in exam room asks for records just look through the purse and just say you forgot them!!!! Some doctors can take a few weeks to get copies of records out and at cost too to the patient.

There are other times that a second opinon doctor will decide themselves to have you sign their forms for copies to be either U S Mailed over or faxed over.
    Anonymous

• I never have. I want the second doctor to make his own judgments on what he sees and not influenced by another doctor's files. If you want to take them though just ask for a copy of your files. They are your's. They usually make you order them, pay for them they they call to tell you when they are ready OR you can have the second doctor have them faxed over.
    Anonymous