Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


I want to file for custody how do i go and do it? Also taniff and food stamps can you give me some more info on it and how do i go by applying for it> thanks

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (3)
  • If you are married, file for divorce and ask for custody. If not married, an attorney will do that as well. Go to Legal Aid if you don't have money. Go to the PA office and apply or see if they have a website.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

  • tanif and food stamps are seperate from custody
    For custody you can just fo to your local court house, ask at the info desk where to go for that, they will direct you to the right room - you will either be given an apt to some back, or given paper work right then to fill out - go prepared
    (dad's address ect), you will get a court date after that

    for tanif and food stmaps google your local social services office

    Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:42 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

  • check with job and family services, or whatever the welfare office is called in your state. know that TANF (if i'm correct, you should check) will come out of your future "income"- either child support, tax returns, when you have a job, etc.

    custody- go down to the courthouse and you will need to speak to the person there (i cannot think of their job title right now- brain fart), but they will be able to basically guide you on what you need to do.

    Answer by Shy_Dia at 9:52 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.