has anyone on here ever chewed on coffee grounds when pregnant?

i did never swolloed them just chewed and spit out

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I never did. Is this something used for morning sickness?? Sounds kind of bizarre to me.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:52 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I think cravings like this are bad. I'd tell your doc.
    Anonymous

• i'm pretty sure i tried everthing but coffee grounds.
    chicklet34

Answer by chicklet34 at 10:28 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• LoL...weird cravings can sometimes be contributed to your iron level...i have an addiction to the smell of hand sanitizer, and I have to keep myself from trying to eat Gain detergent! For some reason it smells amazing to me, i have a weird sensation to want to feel it in my mouth!! SOOO odd...i worked with a girl who did clay...and i saw someone on TLC eat chalk, and the doc even okayed the chalk...i would mention it to your OB...but doubt its anything serious! Could be worse!
    Anonymous

• It could be what the others are talking about. Its called pica. Pica is an eating disorder typically defined as the persistent ingestion of nonnutritive substances for a period of at least 1 month at an age at which this behavior is developmentally inappropriate (eg, >18-24 mo). The definition is occasionally broadened to include the mouthing of nonnutritive substances. Individuals who present with pica have been reported to mouth and/or ingest a wide variety of nonfood substances, including, but not limited to, clay, dirt, sand, stones, pebbles, hair, feces, lead, laundry starch, vinyl gloves, plastic, pencil erasers, ice, fingernails, paper, paint chips, coal, chalk, wood, plaster, light bulbs, needles, string, cigarette butts, wire, and burnt matches.

AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:28 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I ATE CHOCOLATE COVERED BEANS I DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY WERE BUT I GOT THEM AT A COFFEE SHOP THEY WERE DELICIOUS!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 11:39 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I thought my mother was the only one who ever did that/ Even 49 years later she'll still have herself a little nip now and then. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Mar. 3, 2010