Shaving & Hair Removal While Pregnant

8 months pregnant with baby #2. I am of Italian decent, and, honestly, a little hairy down there. While not pregnant, I wax regularly, and have been for many, many years, with close to ideal results (laser would be ideal but is expensive and not possible while pregnant anyways).

With baby #1, I got waxed once during my second and once during my third trimester. I remember it being so uncomfortable as any woman knows, to be laying on ones back while pregnant can cause light-headedness and nausea and more. I had to keep taking breaks...it was aweful and I know the gal was concerned.

I am so uncomfortable in all of my clothes. My only reprieve is at night when I strip down before bed, but then I am (sometimes painfully) reminded of how hairy I am.

Shaving/epil creams not an option, as it causes me more problems than most. I can't even see under my belly to use my epilator...

Please...any suggestions?

~Can't sleep

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• They can wax you in a semi up right position, but it will hurt, you can also have your SO or DH shave you if that is ok with you both etc.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 10:01 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• You may not be comfortable with this, but would you be able to ask your husband or boyfriend to shave for you? I know it might be embarassing, but it is natural! I know when I was pregnant, I "blindly" shaved, I'd feel with my fingers to see if I got everything. I did a pretty good job for not being able to see either!
    Anonymous

• I'd say just go get waxed again.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 10:17 PM on Mar. 2, 2010