breast pain?

I'm an 18 year old mother to a 5 month old and I'm having some breast pain, but only in the right breast. I am really concerned as breast cancer does run in my family..

I breastfed my daughter for the first month, so I stopped 4 months ago. My right breast filled up the most and had the hardest time drying up. But even now it feels almost as though I have a clogged milk duct or something. It's the same kind of pain as I had when I was breast feeding if I got clogged up. If I most my arm a certain way I get a searing pain in my breast. I thought I felt a lump a while back when I was on my period but it is gone now, at least to my knowledge.

I know I need to see a doctor, but I'm really scared. I was at my OBGYN not long ago and he asked if I wanted a breast exam and I said no out of fear but I am going to set up an appointment. I was just wondering what you all thought of this?

Thanks..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Health

• clogged milk duct look it up on webmd.com
    mommymadness30

Answer by mommymadness30 at 10:31 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• It also sounds like something I have had issues with in the past. I have fibroids in my breasts, they are aggravated by my period and caffeine. I get lumps and once even terrible pain (usually it's mild or nonexistent) Don't be too worried, but do be checked out.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 10:38 PM on Mar. 2, 2010