Will you please take a minute to hug your babies?

Remember how blessed you are to have your children safe at home. They found the body of the missing 17 year old girl in my community today. She was raped, murdered, and tossed into a lake. This happened in a well off suburban neighborhood in the middle of the day. Keep your children close, and never underestimate the cruelness in the world no matter where you are.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes days are precious with our children. I worry about my kids every day. I have 3 kids a 2 year old girl and 10 month old twin boys, one of my sons has cancer. There are so many scary things in this world that can take away our children.

Disease, bad people, accidents...and so many other tragic things. Every morning I hug and kiss my babies, and all through the day they get told I love you, and hugged and cuddled whenever they want. Life is too short, and for a child's life to be taken away is a truly tragic thing. Since my son was diagnosed with cancer it has changed our lives completely. He is only 10 months, his life hasn't even started to take off yet, he has so much he can do.

My daughter is getting ready to start early preschool, and I'm so nervous. My kids are never out of my sight! SO sending her to school is going ot be very rough on me!

I pray for all of the young ones!
    PoeDunkMae

Answer by PoeDunkMae at 1:09 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I was just watching the news, 2 yr. old child died in my hometown. The mom's boyfriend threw the girl's body in a dumpster. He says she died falling down the stairs, they can't find her body. The mother is absolutely devastated. So tragic!
    Anonymous

• How sad. Thoughts and prayers to her friends and family.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:21 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Busylovinghim - it might be. She disappeared Thursday and they found her car at the park where she ran afterschool. They pulled her body from the lake this afternoon. They do have a man in custody with his DNA linking him to the crime. Unfortunately this man is a registered sex offender who has a record for molesting young girls. It such a shame he was still allowed to walk the Earth.
    Anonymous

• Its not just the crazies you have to worry about. Tomorrow I will be attending the funeral of my cousins 6 yr old son. He was sick last monday. She took him to the dr...tests came back neg. Took him BACK wed and she was told if he wasnt better by the weekend to bring him back then. On Friday night he was sitting at the table, they thought he was getting better, he wasnt. He fell backwards, passed out, was rushed to the hospital, and had a neg brain wave later that day. That precious child is gone. Not for lack of ins, just a random crazy. He was later diagnosed with H1N1, strep, and pneumonia. You NEVER EVER know...tomorrow is NOT guaranteed....for anyone!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:58 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• momof030404 That is awful, I am so sorry! Tomorrow is NOT guaranteed that's for sure...
    And it is also terrible about this young lady, OP, you are right, you can't underestimate anything these days...

2
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 11:34 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Damn, I was REALLY REALLY hoping she'd be okay but ...damn. My heart just breaks for her parents! R.I.P Chelsea King!
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 12:29 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Sadly it's not just kidnappings to worry about. Just this past week here in Philly these two teen girls talked thru text message and email and then met up to kill themselves by standing on the train tracks. They both were killed. From what I read one girl wanted to because apparently her BF was killed a month ago in a car accident.
    There was a 3rd girl but she didn't follow thru.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:15 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I hug and kiss my 22 year old son everyday more than once, I do the same with my 31 year old who lives at home. I make a special trip to my daughters house (eldest) just for that hug and kiss, Heck I even kiss and hugs my dogs!!!!!!
    It amazes me veryday when I look into the news via the tv or newspaper and find missing, or people killed. What about that whole familly that just dissapeared??
    Life is so unscertain, but even if we were living in different times, those hugs and kisses will always be a part of my daily routine.

Answer by older at 8:12 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I would but they're napping right now, all five of them, but I DID give them hugs and kisses when they woke up this morning and I gave them hugs and kisses when they laid down for their naps, and there's several given out at various points throughout the day. DH gets hugs and kisses when he leaves and goes to work everyday, when he comes home to shower on PT days and when he comes home for chow everyday, when he comes home from work and after story time before bed hugs and kisses are passed out. It may seem like overkill cause there's 7 of us, but I'd rather have that then the alternative. My thoughts and prayers go out to those poor families.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 10:40 AM on Mar. 3, 2010