Will Christians stand before God's judgement seat as well as Non-Christians?

This is a touchy subject for (some) Christian people. I myself, believe that we all will stand before God and give an account of what we did/did not do.

MrsHart6

Asked by MrsHart6 at 9:00 PM on Sep. 18, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• The verses that I take this from are Roman 14:10-11 You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will ALL stand before God's judgement seat. It is written: As surely as I live, says the Lord, EVERY knee will bow before me; EVERY tongue will confess to God.
    MrsHart6

Answer by MrsHart6 at 9:00 PM on Sep. 18, 2008

• And also Revelation 20:11-15 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. Eath and sky fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and EACH person was judged according to what he had done. Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. the lake of fire is the second death. IF ANYONE'S NAME WAS NOT FOUND WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF LIFE, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
    MrsHart6

• Duh, Were no better than anyonelse hun. We will be there too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on Sep. 18, 2008

• I've always thought this anonymous, what made me write this question though is I just recently heard a Methodist Pastor at a bible study tell everyone that they will be spared from judgement because they believe that Jesus died for the sins. With hearing a Pastor say this, I wondered how many people believe it as well.
    MrsHart6

Answer by MrsHart6 at 9:14 PM on Sep. 18, 2008

• Yes we will all stand judgment. Those who are saved will be judged by their good deeds and what they did for others as a saved Christian.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 9:15 PM on Sep. 18, 2008

• Also I want to add: We will not have to pay the price of our sins because of what Jesus did for us and our names are written in the Book of Life when we are saved but it says nowhere (as far as I know) in the bible that we are spared judgement or giving our account of what we have done (or not done).
    MrsHart6

Answer by MrsHart6 at 9:16 PM on Sep. 18, 2008

• Feesharose,, do you believe that you will be judged for what you did wrong as well?
    MrsHart6

Answer by MrsHart6 at 9:17 PM on Sep. 18, 2008

• Sometimes I have heard pastors use the term "judgement' to mean "punishment." I'm sure that is what he was talking about. The Bible is clear that we will all be judged. Nonbelievers facing eternal judgement is another way of saying they won't be joining us in Heaven.
    Rachaelk7

Answer by Rachaelk7 at 9:57 PM on Sep. 18, 2008

• Rachael, I asked to clarify what he meant. I asked "Your saying that we, as Christians, won't be judged at all? That we won't have to stand before God and give an account of what we did wrong? or have to answer for our actions?" To which he replied, "Yes, we are spared from any kind of judgement because we are covered in the blood of Jesus, we will not have to stand before God and be judged in any way." He wasn't substituting the word judgement for punishment, he really believe we won't be judged at all.
    MrsHart6

Answer by MrsHart6 at 10:26 PM on Sep. 18, 2008

• There are two different judgments- one for the believers and one for the non-believers.
    Andrewsmom70

Answer by Andrewsmom70 at 10:33 PM on Sep. 18, 2008