Hello moms , Is there any way to avoid stretch marks?Bikini and stretch marks don't go together.......

Suraya271

Asked by Suraya271 at 11:03 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• palmers cocoa butter body butter has worked like a charm for me. i had rock hard abs and when i got pregnant, after a few months my belly was huge, i have 4 months left and my stomach is completely stretched out and huge but no stretch marks, nor do i have any indications of getting stretch marks....don't get the one that is for pregnancy, get the one in the jar with the butter consistency...it works...and smells amazing
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 11:09 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• i had two babies. no stretch marks. i used palmers cocoa butter and moisturized alot to keep my skin healthy. but honestly, i think it just depends on your genes! i am lucky. but moisturizing and not over eating (just healthy eating) will help!
    Anonymous

• Honestly, I apply avocado oil (or really, any vitamin E-based oil) daily and I got HUGE with my first pregnancy and only got a couple barely-noticeable marks because I went almost 2 weeks overdue. However, I don't think it was the topical creams/oils. It's more your genetics. If your mom (in my case, my skin is like my grandma's and she never got any) got stretch marks, you probably will as well.
    Heather2001

Answer by Heather2001 at 11:25 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• No, there's not. If you're going to get them, you're going to get them. Bikini and mom don't go together IMO. Vanity takes a backseat to babies IMO.
    Anonymous

• don't listen to her...you can prevent them and be on the beach this summer in your bikini..if you wanna be a hot mom then good for you...it's better than being one of those moms that lets themselves go so their too ashamed to wear a bikini
    Anonymous

• No you can't prevent them, If you are going to get them you will get them. It just happens. You can try the lotions and stuff but there is no 100% promise that it will work.
    I got them with my first and then with my second the ones I had didn't even get bigger or darker, they stayed light.
    Not to sound mean by any means but if you are more worried about a bikini then you shouldn't had gotten pregnant just yet.
    Stretch marks fade and I know MANY moms who look amazing in bikinis and noone can tell they have those stretch marks.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:27 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• in addition to a lotion for the outside of your skin, you can take fish oil, or flax seed oil, or hemp oil.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:13 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I really don't think you can prevent them. From the day I found out I was pregnant, I applied Cocoa butter to my stomach. At 30 weeks I started getting stretch marks and had really bad red ones by the time I delivered. I've been using Bio Oil to try and diminish the color of them now. I've been using it for several months and they are a little better, but not much. Then again, I don't really need to wear a bikini so I'm not too worried.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 12:33 PM on Mar. 3, 2010