Making the move to sippy's only tomorrow!

Wish me luck!

I finally found some sippy's that my daughter likes so starting tomorrow we are taking away the bottles!

How did it go for you when you took your little one's away?

imamommmmyyy

Asked by imamommmmyyy at 11:29 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I had to do the tough love route and just get rid of all the bottles. My daughter was mad for three days, then she was over it. It didn't prevent her from sleeping, she was just mad at me at feeding times because she wanted a bottle. Took a couple of days to adjust, then she was over it. Now she loves the sippy. Good luck.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 12:06 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• My son did really good. But I switched over at 11 months. He wasn't phased by it at all.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 11:41 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• My daughter is 11 months today =) Hopefully it will go well.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 11:46 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• If you can, if you think it will make her want one, hide any and all bottles and only offer the sippy cup.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 11:48 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• Just a word of advice don't push it too much just introduce them and if your baby likes a certain kind then great go with that for a while. But when you decide to go to the next sippy cup don't push it. Your child is still young and shouldn't be forced into it, not that you are. Just introduce them and eventually they will feel comfortable on there own. When I tried to get my dd on the regular sippy cups instead of soft nipple cups I was expecting her to take to it and realized that my expectations were too high. She is young and I don't need to push it. One day, after 2 mths of me introducing her to hard nipple sippy cups she finally felt comfortable and there were no problems. She is 15mths now. Good luck!
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 11:52 PM on Mar. 2, 2010