how would someone know if your ring is fake or real?

my wedding ring was thin and worn in the back and it cracked so i have to get it saudered (spell check lol) back together at the jewlers..... so in the meantime i decided to splurge a whole $14 on my "dream ring" lol. will people be able to tell its fake?

joycegina

Asked by joycegina at 11:50 PM on Mar. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Nope, not until it turns color, as long as the stones are clear and bright! Enjoy. BTW Solder.
    Anonymous

• Maybe... if it looks cheap and gawdy then yes lol. I can tell a fake ring on a woman if it's WAY out of proportion to the rest of her... like wearing Levi's jeans and a cheap T-shirt with a 3 ct diamond ring or a necklace dripping with rubies? Yeah, totally fake lol. I'm a total jewelry snob, I don't wear much, but what I do wear has to be real lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:53 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• not by sight.. . unless they are really good. . .lol. . . you should be ok. . . my ring broke a while back and needed fixed and I did the same thing. . .most anyone said to me was NICE!!!!!
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 12:01 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• $14? Yah, I could tell. If you're gonna go fake, at least go Diamonique from QVC.com. At least you can get 14k gold.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Probably if it's a cheapo. Especially if someone knows diamonds and you happen to go into a black lighted area.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• If you like it rock it. Seriously, what's the big deal?
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:57 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• i would probably not be able to tell, but i do not tend to focus on things like that!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:07 PM on Mar. 3, 2010