Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mon of retired vet. i have all kinds of health needs. i was let go on my job, after twentyone years. and my vet husband has moved out and i have no health benefits. he has everything taken care of. i have nursed him for years. can i get any help?

i have a bad ankle which needs surgery.
i have two adult children staying with me.
on with an ankle braclet, on probation.
all my teeth have to pulled and face is puffed up.
i have prescriptions that cost hundreds of dollars .

Answer Question

Asked by ladyleaf at 12:16 AM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Health

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • You say he left, but if you're not actually divorced, you still have all his benefits legally as long as you were on his DEERS. Other than that, you'll probably have to just deal with medicare.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

  • You need an attorney...

    Answer by rkoloms at 5:58 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

  • If you are not divorced, you are still Tricare eligible. Otherwise, try to apply for SSI or disability.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.