What are your thoughts on having a gay child?

I read a question the other day about this woman who's son had just come out to her. She was more concerned about whether or not SHE was going to be okay and if he was going to hell. I just want to know that i can still have SOME faith in humanity by asking what others' reactions were or what you think they would be. In case you're wondering I do not agree with the whole "you're gay you're going to hell" thing.

LogansMama09

Asked by LogansMama09 at 12:26 AM on Mar. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• if god creates everyone in his image than there is nothing wrong with homosexuality. i'm bisexual...i didn't choose it, i was born that way...i'd love to have a gay son cause we could go shopping together...if my daughter turns out gay/bisexual i will be happy for her and support her
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:30 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• IM WITH ALIISHOTT2 well im not bi lol. but seriously if you are attracted to someone you cant help it. and i dont look at anyone any different. if i had a son come out gay i would support him, in every way i can. i know fathers wouldnt be too happy about it, but its just the way life is. and gay or whatever they are the coolest people ever!
    Armywifelovely

Answer by Armywifelovely at 12:33 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Being a Christian mom if my daughter came to me and said she were gay, I would still love her just the same. I would pray for her to change her ways. Because the bible does say a marriage is between a man and a woman. It does say that same sex relationships are wrong. Therefore my daughter would go to hell. Its hard to swollow yes but I'm not here to have faith in humanity I'm here to have faith in God and have a personal relationship with him. I know that is not what you are looking for but its my belief.
    Emma7-11-09

Answer by Emma7-11-09 at 12:33 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I would be totally fine. I would probably be sad only because it's a harder life. It's harder to find someone to love, it's harder to deal with society, it's harder to have a family if that's what they wanted... but I would be fully supportive. It woudln't phase me. My husband would be a little heartbroken, especially if a son was gay, but he woudl get over it (I would make him) and my son's boyfriends would be welcome just like girlfriends, they will not be treated any differently in my house! I love my children reguardless and I don't see being gay as a bad thing, just a harder thing.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:33 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• emma...jesus came to abolish the old law and bring fourth the new law which does not say that homosexuality is wrong...what jesus taught was to accept everyone for who they are and not discriminate.
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:36 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I totally agree Ati 13. I will be totally accepting of my sons, no matter if they are gay, straight, bi or whatever. But I do know that they will face challenges as gay men that they wouldn't as straight men. So, no it's not a bad thing, just harder. That is exactly how I feel about it. And my hubby would be totally on board too, he's very accepting of other gay people we know and we've talked about "what if our boys were gay", and we have the same feelings. My sons are my sons and sexual preference does not change that.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:39 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I'll be happy if my daughter is a lesbian. As long as she ends up with someone makes her happy, makes her feel loved and apperciative and respected the gender does not matter to me. And she must treat them the same way.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 12:40 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Because the bible does say a marriage is between a man and a woman. It does say that same sex relationships are wrong.

Yeah but if gays and lesbians are never allowed to be married but live together than what laws against God are they breaking. IT is only a violation if they get married.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I'll be happy either way. As long as my childs happy, I'll be happy. Love is love what difference does it make if its for the same gender?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:42 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I doubt there would even be an event of "coming out" to us. She is going to be accepted no matter what paths she chooses in life, as long as they aren't harmful to her or anyone else. I would probably know as soon as she feels curiosity or anything like that.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 12:42 AM on Mar. 3, 2010