If a friend called you right NOW and said they were stopping by, would your house be ready to recieve guests?

I am often saddened by the level of filth that can accumulate in a short period of time with a slovenly husband, a toddler, a dog and two cats! I get stuck in "can't have anyone over" land too often...just wondering how many of you share that boat :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Home & Garden

• If it was a good friend, then sure they could come over, they already know what my life is like anyway lol. But just general company? No. I'm often in that land too lol. Toddlers make WAAAYYY bigger messes than I ever expected!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:49 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• yes and no, yes it's cleaned enough but no i wouldnt let them come over because its late and my kids are sleeping, now if it emergency then its a different story
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:52 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Well, lucky you asked on a day that I've been digging out of the messes, LOL! Today, possibly they could come over, however, normally a good friend will understand that toddlers keep the house in an avalanche of chaos, LOL! But I DO know how you feel. I used to have a good handle on my house before our little one. Now that he's getting older, it's starting to get better, but the last couple of years were hard to keep up with everything. I'm growing better at it all the time.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 1:12 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• GIRL!! in my house, it is clean around 1am when the children are sleeping. 8am the tornados (my 2 and 4 year old) blow all around...lol. This week, my husband and I took on a new project and decided to redecorate the childrens bedroom. All of their toys are in our living room. It is a mess but I don't really care because no one ever comes over to visit. Now, if they and I set a play date, then i will dump all the toys into those extra large bins and cook a nice lunch for the girls.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 1:17 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Yes, but I think it is rude for people to just drop in. I always say we are sick. Even though my house is clean doesn't mean I want you there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Yes, I keep up on cleaning so things always look good.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:09 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I probably wouldnt let anyone over this late but it would be clean. I take care of all the house work after my son goes to bed. Sure he isnt old enough now to make a HUGE mess but between him and hubby, it gets crazy. I love cleaning. Some say I'm OCD but oh well :)
    TannersMom511

Answer by TannersMom511 at 5:15 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• HECK NO!!!! I am having my kitchen remodeled and there is stuff everywhere Can't wait till it's done so I can clean everything in this house and too top it off I am pregnant during this whole process Not really good planning. ;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:14 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Yes, now that my children spend most of their day in school, my house is "pop-over" ready....but I still HATE pop-overs!!! I never understood the need to invite oneself over, and hang out, never once considering that the person you are visiting is a.) in no mood to entertain, b) is BUSY, c.) has other plans/errands or d.) didn't tidy up!

I've NEVER done the unannounced pop-over, so I'll never understand why others do it! How hard is it to call first?! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:37 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• yes, people can come over. I have 3 under 3, so if they dont like the look of children living in my home, then they can leave, lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Mar. 3, 2010