can I do this???

Okay so I hate my ob I think she is stupid, told me if i go in to labor and the baby doesnt come by friday she would have to do a c-section cause they dont have anyone on the weekend unless its oncall people, which sorry but im not having a c-section so u can go home, anyways there are no other OBs that will take me, this far along, that is covered by my medical, anyways could I when I go in to labor just tell them I no longer have an OB... or tell them I do not want them to call this OB.. ??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• YES.

Fire your OB immediately, that is SO uncalled for. Don't go for any more appointments and show up in labor, take the on call doctor and have your baby without that dumb bitch there!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:58 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• That is ridiculous. I'd tell her to her face what you thought of her. So much for caring for her patients!
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 1:02 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Thank goodness you are standing up for yourself. I've seen so many women who accept that, or who are told that they are being induced or c-section performed for another reason, but overhear the nurses talking about how they always do that on Fridays because they don't want to come in on weekends. Wait until you naturally labor. Consider hiring a midwife to be at the hospital, so even if there isn't a doctor there, you will have someone you feel comfortable with. I was delivered by nurses because the ob wasn't there and all went fine. I gave birth at a birth center with midwives and never stepped foot in a hospital. I think you would be better off with whomever is on-call, nurses or interns, than with a woman who obviously cares nothing about her patient.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 1:43 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• That is absurd you need to report her to the hospital, to the state medical board, the newspaper etc. I would consider a midwife they will take and most of them take insurance etc. Yes you can go to the hospital and say that you don't have a doctor in this area, and they will have an on call come but that can be bad as well who the hell knows who will be the on call at the hospital. If I were you I would labor at home as long as possible don't go in until you think pushing is about to happen. I would also call a birthing center to see if they can take you, but report that awful doctor and formally fire her lazy a$$.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:32 AM on Mar. 3, 2010