where the wild things are?

Ok I thought this was a Childrens movie (of course I've read the book). On Netflix however its listed as sci-fy and fantasy. I heard it wasnt too good so I didnt see it in theaters, but if its anything like any sci-fy/fantasy movies I've seen before, I am thinking I might not want to see it at all. For those of you who have seen it, is it geard towards children, or is it a family movie, or is it really like a sci-fy/fantasy film? Thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Entertainment

• It is not sci fi. It's is fantasy just like the book is a child's fantasy.

The film is nothing like the book really. It's not really a kid's film. It's a teen to adult film. It is beautifully done-- one of the best book adaptations I have ever seen.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 1:16 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• i rented it today for my daughter - 5, niece - 9 and nephew - 7... and they allll absolutely looved it!! i personally didnt watch it, because it reallllllly didnt interest me..lol, i cant stand fantasy type movies...
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:02 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• if you liked the book. then I imagine you'll like the movie too. i'M guessing. :)
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:00 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I heard that it can be a bit scary for younger kiddos. My aunt said that there was one monster in particular that was overly rough and mean with the boy character.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 11:20 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I loved the book and loved the puppets in the movie but it's strangely depressing to me. It just didn't seem to have the mood that the book had. It was like a bunch of lost souls. Parts scared my five and six year old. Of course parts were cool. Tough call but not sci fi.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:12 PM on Mar. 3, 2010