do you have to sterilize the bottles after every time?

do you need to sterilize the nipples and bottles after every use? if not, how often are you supposed to sterilize them? and when is it okay to just wash with soap and water? is there a difference in how often you sterilize if the nipple is latex or silicone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No! my daughter is a NICU baby and the nurses said that i only had to sterilize bottles before the first use. after that, you can hand wash or place them in the dishwasher and they are good to go. Same goes for the pacifier.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 2:04 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• i sterilized my daughters after every use. (but she also got thrush) and i think i did that for a year..i had like 15 bottles, so it wasnt that big of a deal. its not like i was doing it every day
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:56 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Now, that does not meen that you can use them for ever..bottles wear out and must be replaced. same goes for the nipple and pacifier.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 2:06 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• We never did. There isn't any need to sterilize.
    The food they eat isn't sterile... and when YOU eat, you don't use sterile dishes and forks.
    As long as it's clean, it's fine.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:57 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I just wash mine in dawn after every use. I never sterilized them except for the first use.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 12:22 PM on Mar. 3, 2010