baby shower....?

ok so i have a 2.5 yr old son. we still have a few of his old things still..toys..clothes..boppy pillow..mattress..crib.. but we do not have his carseat/stroller combo anymore..my question is, is it wrong to register online at like target or something for some new baby items? im not very far along..im just wondering thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 AM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I wonder what I'll do when we go for number 2 because I have given everything away! We don't have room to store it all and I can't help myself, if someone says that they need something I give it away!
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 2:52 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I personally dont see a problem with it. In my family it is very normal to register for those things even with a second child and my grandparents never want to buy outfits or small things they always go overboard. I guess if I were you I would look at the trend in your own family if possible and see what others have done. If your the first having kids (like I was) then talk to your mom and see what she thinks the family reaction would be.

Sometimes it can be hard waters to navigate and I know many people would be screaming no dont do it, but if your family is the type who has no problem with it then i say do it. Some of us do have families who encourage us to put our real needs on a registry.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:54 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• lol we didnt keep like his papasan swing..bassinet..that kinda stuff..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:54 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• HAHA thats funny I just did a baby registry for my 2nd child that is coming, and i don't feel like it was out of place, this way when people want to get stuff they get things that we want and need that way I don't end up with 100 receiving blankets etc. I think that every baby should get a shower to celebrate their unique joining of the world.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:12 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• It's fine to do a registry for a 2nd child, or 3rd, etc. If someone decides to throw you a shower, that's fine too. But even if you don't have a shower, many people will want to give a gift and if you register it's always easier for them to know exactly what you need/want.

Answer by missanc at 9:09 AM on Mar. 3, 2010