My son is getting a mole removed from his nuggets tomorrow....

Has anyone had or has known anyone that has gotten a mole removed?
It's in a really sensitive spot. His dad has one in the same area, but me and the doc are worried that it may cause problems later(I have noticed it has been growing the past year too. And yes, I check it once a week to keep an eye on it before someone responds,"HOW DO YOU KNOW HE HAS A MOLE DOWN THERE AND WHY ARE YOU CHECKING IT"

Starfire73

Asked by Starfire73 at 6:08 AM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Health

• I think it is great you know your child and have been keeping an eye on odd things. I hope that it goes smoothly.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 8:05 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• My husband has had several moles removed but not there, it does hurt depending on how much they take out, they numb the area but there is still feeling.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:15 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• It's slightly larger than a size of a pencil erasure. He's kind of nervous about it. I bribed assured him that it would be ok and promised him a treat afterwards(McDonald's and a small new toy)

Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 6:18 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• well im still curious on y ur checking it...how old is he?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:51 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Poor guy...depending on his age and his level of anxiousness your doc can prescribe him something beforehand to calm his nerves. I know before any procedure I basically have an anxiety attack. If they do you might want to give it a test run first.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:11 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

Considering his bribe reassurance involved a happy meal and a toy I would have to bet he is under 10.  And there is nothing wrong with her checking a mole there for medical reasons.  Really?  YOu wouldn't  look at you rDS sensitives if he had a medical 'problem' there?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:36 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• to anon, He's had that mole for quite a while and it is my job as his mom to keep an eye on it for abnormalities as his dad had one there and had to get it removed as it proved to be malignant. I would hate to not check it and find out years later that it became HUGE and having him to have to get his testicles removed!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 4:51 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• He just turned 11 recently
    Starfire73