My daughter rides a bus, and I don't trust her not to lose her lunch money.

It's not that i don't trust her. so don't bash me! she loses EVERYTHING i mean EVERYTHING. Seriously, that saying "you'd lose your head if it wasn't attached" yes, she would. so what should i do to make sure the lunchlady gets the money? I dont have a car, i can't take it in.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 AM on Mar. 3, 2010 in

• Our schools don't have the online payment system, but I've never had a problem with lost lunch $. The schools require the kids to have a folder that they bring home every night. Homework, graded papers, lunch $, etc. get brought home & taken to school every day in it. I write a check for their lunches & put it in an envelope with my kid's name & label it "lunch money". At school every morning, they are responsible for removing things from their folders including turning in their lunch $ to the teacher. Does she have a folder? Even if it's not required by the school, it might be helpful to buy a folder for her to keep in her backpack at all times. It would help with homework too. She can put what she needs in the folder at the end of school everyday & at home put anything she needs to return to school in it. It helps keeps the kids organized. You don't have to worry about papers being stuffed in the bottom of their backpack.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• You can mail a CHECK to the school--address it to the main office with a note saying you would like this money added to her lunch account--make sur to include your child's full name, teacher's name, grade,and your phone number if there are any questions.

I don;t know how old your daughter is, but there is going to come a time when she is going to need to learn to be responsible--such as when homework and other assignments are due!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:55 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Does your school have an online payment system? Lots of school districts have that now. And the best thing you can do, is to put it in a pocket of her backpack, emphasize that she is not to touch it, talk about it, etc. until she gets into the school and she's to take it, IN her backpack, directly to the person that takes lunch money.
    You don't say how old she is, but if she's elementary school aged, call the school and make sure she got the money there.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:57 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I agree with PP. All three districts that I have lived in in the last 4 years have lunch accounts. They do this because they don't want the kids that get free lunch to get teased. That is what I was told, it makes sense, kids are so mean.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 8:01 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• shes six. she gets her homework turned it almost always. she has forgotten before though because she'll cram it to the bottom of her backpack. notes i send never get to the teacher tho. i have to call the school if i need to talk to her teacher. shes not resposible at it. it drives me crazy sometimes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Inquire about lunch accounts for emergencies, but I agree with LoriKeet; at some point, she's going to have to experience the consequences of forgetting things.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:16 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• She wouldn't experience the consequences, i would. I'd have to pay it twice. Not ganna happen, Im not rich.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:25 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• No, she would experience the consequence of being hungry for loosing the lunch money...You would only have to pay twice if you didn't want her to learn to be more responsible and took her more money...
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 10:35 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• You need to let her learn.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:41 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• our school has where you can pay online. How old is she? My son is in 1st grade and I would be afraid he would lose his lunch money too. He actually doesn't exactly lose it but misplaces where he puts it then finds it LATER! We can also go to the cafeteria and put money on their acct.
    Anonymous