Anyone know how to get rid of a house full of ladybugs?

UGH. These lady bugs are driving me insane.They are EVERYWHERE. Please...if anyone knows how to get rid of them..give me the solution!
Thankyou!!!! :)

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 8:11 AM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I have them, too! They came by one warm summer day and some got in the house, most didn't. But, now when the weather is a bit warmer, they come out onto the windows, mostly, or a light that's on...looking for warmth. They must have nested in the walls or something during the winter...? They die quickly, and I vacuum them up. But, they do "bug" the heck out of me! I don't know why they came here in the first place, except that my house is very sunny. Someone said they are good luck. I'll be looking back to see if anyone else posts solutions!! Great question!
    dflygirl7

Answer by dflygirl7 at 8:16 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Thats what happened here to...they came in a swarm last summer and now they are just popping out of the woodwork. They are getting in my bed and thats what is really driving me nuts because I FEAR bugs,lol..and I keep thinking I feel them crawling on me...and sometimes they really are! These bugs even bite! They are the Japanese lady bugs or whatever you call them..the orange ones. Well..hope I can find a way to get rid of them soon!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:25 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• If you vacuum them up, clean out your vacuum immediately. Your vacuum will stink forever if you don't get them out of there asap. They aren't lady bugs. Lady bugs are red. These bugs are orange and they swarm and migrate from nearby farms. If you touch them the oily residue will be on your hands too, and they smell horrible. GL

The best thing really, is to close up any gaps in windows where they came in last fall or summer and laid eggs in your house. Vacuum and Vacuum frequently.

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:34 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• They like white houses for some reason too. We have them a little bit, but not too bad. My MIL had them all over her house last year. I hate anything that swarms.

My aunt had them in her house for a while. She said that when she did a remodel and took a piece of siding off the outside of the house there were so many under the siding that they just POURED out. Gross!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:22 PM on Mar. 3, 2010