Fussy baby in the evenings????

My niece is 2 1/2 months old & she gets fussy about every day when it is time for daddy to come home. My sister is taying at home with her & every night seems so stressful for them. The dad dreads coming home & my sister can hardly get supper done. I remember my baby being like this some but not this extreme. What can I suggest to my sister? Is the baby just tired? She isn't the greatest sleeper!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe she needs some extra sleep. Tell her to try having the baby take a longer or extra nap..and NEVER wake a sleeping baby...(if that may be a prob). If shes having a hard time getting her to take a nap...maybe she is over tired when she lays the baby down,if thats the case I would try letting the baby cry it out for a little while, she may fall asleep after a few minutes. ANd have her try to lay the baby down before she gets overtired.
    Teething is also another possibility. That will make a baby not want to take naps because the gums are hurting and sore. Teething tablets and infants tylenol.
    Hope this helps! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:35 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Both my kids had this. I called it my DDs mommy time she was mostly hungry at that time(I BF and she would feed every 1/2hour for a few hours) As for my son I called it is fussy time.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 8:38 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Could also just be crying for the heck of it. Crying helps the babies lungs to develop so not all crying is bad. But it sound like the little one may need a longer nap time or just some cuddles! :)
    Mystix

Answer by Mystix at 11:39 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• My daughter gets really fussy around 6 or 7 at night. We found that it was because she was tired. I will usually feed her when she starts acting fussy and then she falls asleep, sometimes as early as 6:30. We put her to bed then. Just an idea.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 12:19 PM on Mar. 3, 2010