do you tip for delivery? (not pizza, bigger stuff such as furniture)

just wondering how many people tip the delivery guys.
if you do what do you usually tip?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 8:26 AM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yup! For furniture , about 10.00 especially if they help set it up or if your driveway or house is hard to maneuver things around in..

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Nope...cause the furniture delviery man is my SO and ugh...I just give him a kiss,lol. :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:29 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• No, because they aren't using their personal vehicle or having to pay for gas, insurance, etc. out of their own pocket. And the guys that I know that deliver furniture make way more than minimum wage where a pizza (or food) delivery guy doesn't.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:30 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Nope, not for big stuff. They are already getting paid, and delivery is my only option. I'll tip the pizza guy because I COULD go pick it up, but I'm paying for convenience. If I order something online, delivery is my only option, for which he already gets paid. So, no tip for him.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:27 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I usually do, especially if I see them having a hard time with it (like if it's esp difficult to maneuver or they've gone above and beyond somehow etc). Also, if I get a large delivery during the hot months I offer them bottled water/soda. Those guys bust their asses. Usually I tip $10/guy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I'm actually having a piece of furniture delivered today. I won't be tipping the delivery guy. I didn't pay $100 for delivery so I could tip someone. We also have a really easy house to get things into and they aren't going to set it up.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:10 AM on Mar. 3, 2010