Is a child the reflexion of Mom & Dad?

At the park, at school, anywhere. If you see a child pushing other child to "get his way". Do you assumed problems at home?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I sometimes believe that a child is a reflection of the family's parenting, not necessarily a reflection of the actual parents. For example, if a child is pushing another child to get his/her way, as you say, and the child's parents don't scold or rectify the situation, then the child will simply continue with the poor behavior. So, IMO, its the parenting (or lack there of) that's the issue. I wouldn't just assume that there's violence in the home.

kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 10:27 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• no, I do assume lazy parents, but not like domestic violence.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• my child is a reflection of me.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:50 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• * Reflection *    How is your child with spelling?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Anonymous

* Reflection * How is your child with spelling?

Apologies! OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Not always! My daughter is bossy as HELL!!! She always gets reprimanded for being so to her siblings. She got a taste of her own medicine when one of her 2nd grader classmates out-bossy-ed her! LOL
    As far as appearence goes, then yes, it is a reflection how the custodial parent or parents care for them. That is for SURE!
    Anonymous

• My friend's child behaves like what the op is referring to. But knowing my friend that well I don't think it is coming from her. So should I assumed is her husband>?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I think how they look, the clothes and shoes they wear and how clean they are is a reflection of the parents..But kids have their own personality and that can't be changed sometimes just like pp said.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• No, I have been a good mom. Given my boy 16 all the tools to be a nice respectful young adult. Now he chooses to be an ass. I wondered if I did something wrong. He is his own person and if he chooses not to use the tools given to him at least i know I tried.
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 9:26 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• nope not at all. kids are not carbon copies of thier parents. they are thier own person
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:31 AM on Mar. 3, 2010