Birth control question

I just recently started taking POPs or the minipill. How many pills do you have to take before it is safe to have sex w/o a backup method? Also what if you take the first pill, but it is not the right day?(it says sunday, but I took it on the first day of my period?)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Health

• It takes at least a month of being on the pill before it's effective. As far as the days go, it's just there as a guide. The thing will the pill is that it should be taken same time every day and stay away from herbal supplements as a good portion of them can counteract the pill
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:15 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• there should be stickers to put over the days to make it correct for the days you are actually taking it. i was told it takes a month to be effective, but i didn't know that until a week after i started, and had already been having sex!
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 1:24 PM on Mar. 3, 2010