• In the Spotlight:

How would you classify me spiritually?

I believe in God, because it seems to make more sense to think that there was a creator of the Universe than thinking that it came out of nothing - but beyond that I don't know what to believe about the nature of God. I don't have a clue what the purpose for creation was, if he created the universe and stepped back, or if he is actively involved. I also have no idea if souls actually exist or if there is any continuing life after death. How would you describe me spiritually?

Also if there is anyone who shares similar beliefs as mine, how do you go about explaining God to your children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• do you believe Jesus was the son of god? if so christian (with no specific domination), if not your not christian....if you believe in a god but not specifically which god you could be agnostic...or you could just call yourself spiritual.

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 9:01 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I would say Agnostic. I am atheist/humanist. No god, humans first and evolution :-) Good luck finding your 'label'
    I would recommend reading about different religions and see which one fits you best. You may not get a 100% perfect fit on one thing but at least you'll have a better idea.
    SabrinaLC

Answer by SabrinaLC at 9:30 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• You sound agnostic.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:42 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I consider my self agnostic..I do enjoy going to a Unitarian Church, it has a little bit of everything incorporated and does not really rely on the Bible..

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I would say Agnostic as well...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:19 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Lost
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I would classify you as a "seeker". I don't think you have yet arrived at any spiritual destination, but you are thinking about spiritual matters. The Bible says that those who seek God will find Him when they search for Him will all their hearts. If you keep looking for Him, you will find Him and He will reveal to you all the truth that you will ever need. So I think you are on the right track, but I don't think you have gone far enough yet to be "classified."
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:25 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I wouldn't classify you at all with the exception of calling you a beautiful human being who recognizes that she has a spiritual nature. I think classifying puts limitations on people and adds labels that just are not true. Good example is the person who referred to you as lost. Frankly, that person reveals something about themselves and nothing about you when they make that statement.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• agnostic or deist
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 1:09 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your savior, then I would classify you doomed.
    JonesboroGypsy

Answer by JonesboroGypsy at 1:13 PM on Mar. 3, 2010