the bus.

i knew something was going on with my dd.today she said it is the bus.one girl is harrassing mydd and her friend.this girl and her friend are known bullies.how far do i let it go.she says something every day.so i think the time has come for my dd to say something back...i have gone to the school about different episodes..nothing...anti bullying bull...i think my submissive should take things into her own hands..what do you think.she has already been slapped and pushed down and scratched.

cleo1977

Asked by cleo1977 at 8:59 AM on Mar. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• How old are they?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• 10 yrs OP
    cleo1977

Answer by cleo1977 at 9:19 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• If it's happening on the bus, then you need to talk to the bus driver. Then the bus supervisor. If nothing happens, then take it to the school board. In the meantime, advise your dd to sit up front in view of the driver.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:29 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• yeah this is happening with my 5 yr old but not being pushed or anything like that just the 10 yr old is telling him to shut up and wont let him talk or anything.. I keep telling the boys that they need to tell the bus driver... I will let this go for a couple days to see what they do and if they don't tell the drive then I will be letting him know what is going on..
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 9:45 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• OP____ ya when my dd was slapped the bus driver stood up for her when nobody else would...the other mother got on the bus and asked the driver if this was true...(my thinking is this mom is used to getting her way)well the bus driver is old school and could care less who this woman was.so she took my side. this girl never took the bus again.
    cleo1977

Answer by cleo1977 at 9:56 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• You should tell the superintendent of schools. Have documentation. Then have a meeting with the principal. Then make sure your hubby goes to talk to the principal. Just have everything on paper. A paper trail with e mails will be handy just in case it goes further.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 10:11 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• i did this before with another inncodent.it got all around the town..the teachers talked,and basically we were not talked to again by anyone we were ostricized...in my town its all who you know.i have a good paper trail because i do go to therapy.i told the woman who was the head of the anti- bully campaign...she told everyone.blamed it on my dd just because of who this girls dad was. now the same thing is going to happen because this girls dad is the cpt.of the fire dept....i have no leway in the schools.we were thinking of private but my dd has an LD...this girl also has an LD but her parents dont want to put her in special needs classes...i feel like i am in a no win situation...
    cleo1977

Answer by cleo1977 at 11:17 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• The bus driver should give your dd the first seat everyday. The other girl can sit further back. She should have No access to your dd. I would talk to the bus driver and see if they will assign seats.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:25 AM on Mar. 3, 2010