do you dress your baby girl old clothes of her brother's?

My friend says i should use the clothes to wear it around the house and buy clothes for outside. And save money to buy other things for both the kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Not a terrible idea....
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 9:07 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• sorry..i dont have a baby girl...but i want one soooo bad. if i do i would never dress her in my son's clothes. I want her to have her own clothes. I would dress her like a perfect little princess.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:09 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I would have her wear some of her brother's clothes. Add a cutesy headband or hairclip if you are worried about people mistaking her for a boy.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:16 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Depends on what the clothes are. I used some of the same sleepers, onesies, etc when she was a baby, and some of his old tshirts for her to sleep in but other than that, she has her own clothes. You can buy some cute girl clothes at consignment stores and such so they aren't so expensive, but I like my daughter to look girly, even when she's at home.

Answer by missanc at 9:20 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• PJs and some character Ts that aren't real gender specific. and blue jeans
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:24 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• If it worked out that my son was born first, yeah, I would have. As it is, my son wears my daughter's hand me downs (some of them anyway) because she was a total tomboy and wouldn't even wear anything girly for years! We're just talking jeans, t-shirts, and jackets. I wore my brother's and sister's hand me downs when I was a kid. I hated it, but it didn't hurt me any.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:24 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I do that all the time. We live on a farm and girly stuff just doesn't cut it out in the mud and other gunk they get into. Have you ever tried to get manure out of a pink outfit? It just doesn't work. On a camo outfit you never even see the stains. Now when we go out I get out the girly stuff to put on her.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 9:51 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Nope. Ask your friend if roles were reversed should you put a younger brother in his older sister's clothes while bumming around the house? I want to avoid gender confusion thanks.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 10:09 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Gender confusion in a baby? Give me a break! That is actually laughable. For the record I would put a baby boy in his sister's pink jammies too. You think a baby knows the difference? Ha ha ha...
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:13 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I have and still do. His old sweats and t-shirts she wears to sleep in and around the house. They are comfortable and we are all about comfort here. She wears some of his jeans that I didn't give away to my friend, of course my kids are 4 years apart so it takes a while for her to wear them. She even wears his old jackets. She is not too girly and she doesn't care and she still looks like a girl. I only buy boys jeans for her because all of the girls jeans I have seen are just ugly. My son is 11 and my daughter is 7. Hopefully she will be just like me and not be into the girly stuff.

dddd2776

Answer by dddd2776 at 11:08 AM on Mar. 3, 2010