need help on getting my 2 year old to sleep the whole night

hello mommies,
Can someone please give me ideas on hope to get my son to sleep the whole night. he does not have a problem going to sleep it is staying to sleep that seems to be the problem. i think i have tried just about everything, crying it out, 5,10,20 etc. please i need your help for him and i. thanks

ljsmom41808

Asked by ljsmom41808 at 9:13 AM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• hmmm idk, I have "issues" too. My youngest just started sleeping through the night really good and now my 3 year old wakes up and wakes me up to go pee ( which I'm not complaining) it would just be nice to really sleep all night.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Is he sleeping in a crib still? If he is, you need to use to cry-it-out method but follow through completely. Get a routine going: Bath, story, bed. Lay him down and leave the room. I also have a CD-player in my son's room that plays soft music over the sounds of the rainforest (it works awesome). If he cries, go in, lay him back down, and leave. do NOT go back in the room unless you think he is hurt. If you give up on the CIO method you're only making it harder because he will think that he has to cry that much longer to get you to come in. I started this with my son (21 months) when he was about 11 months and he's slept thru the night (up to 12 hours sometimes) ever since.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• What is your routine right now?
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:04 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I am having issues too ever since my son got sick In nov.. I waived the white flag now though.. I tried everything.. good luck.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:07 PM on Mar. 3, 2010