hmmm...anyone got a good rice and beans recipe?

Thanks for the rice and beans with my tacos idea from previous question,lol.

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 9:26 AM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Cook the rice as directed-if desired, add a pack or two of Goya Sazon with safron for a very pretty and tasty yellow rice
    Get a couple cans of pinto beans, and a pack of bacon. In a medium sized soup pot, cut up about 6 slices of raw bacon with clean kitchen scissors. Cook until crisp. I highly recommend leaving the bacon fat in the pot. Add the two or three cans of beans-juices and all, and season with garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, chilli powder, and if you want-some smoked paprika and chipotle powder.(Go easy on the last two!)(DO NOT add any extra salt.) Let cook down on medium high heat until thickened and soft. Voila!!!
    Ann_Ony_Mouse

Answer by Ann_Ony_Mouse at 9:50 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I'm married to a mexican and I've had spanish rice taught to me over and over and honestly for some reason I still can't get it right, so now I buy the ol el paso spanish rice in a box and it comes out great there is never any left over. As for beans for the "real" beans they take about 6 hours on med on the stove, use pinto beans and put them in plenty of water (they double the amount you put in) use a little veggie oil and salt, peper and garlic. Or you can use the crock pot but it takes all day. The same reciepe though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• oh and make sure your beans never run out of water in the pan, they will burn.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Well this is what I do I get a pot of beans rinse them a few times add water almost to the top maybe 2 inches not too full from the top add salt and pepper, 1 onion and half a pack of bacon and let it cook on medium for about 3 to 4 hours mmmm it makes your home smell sooo good too.

And the rice I usually use the saucer pan I add alittle oil then add 1 cup of white rice kind of let it toast up abit after they get alittle toasty add 3 cups of water (becareful bc sometimes it jump atleast the oily part does) then open up a can of tomatoe sauce (6oz) add your salt, pepper, comino and a cube of a chicken bouillion. (slices of green pepper and onion optional) and cover for 20 to 25 minutes on low it will be done when you see all the water evaporated and see little holes when you take off the cover. Hope this was helpful :)

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:36 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Cook 1 cup of rice, add 1/2 c of salsa, add chopped steamed carrots, and dash of comino. Its not authentic but its good. You can throw in the carrots to cook with the rice to save a step.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 9:38 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• One more ingredient.....add 1/2 can corn if you dont want the carrots.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 9:39 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Well the way we make beans is pretty much the same fill a pot full of water add the beans add salt, half an onion and a clove of garlic. Then if you want them refired then just drain them add some oil to the pan and smash away.

The rice my mom has always made goes like this. Rinse the white rice, drain it. Then add oil and some butter to the pan add the rice let it get toasted for a bit but not too much and then once it's nice and toasted we chop up half an onion,about 2 tomatoes, salt with chicken bouillon or whatever it's called it's the cube things (it comes in powder too) with the chicken on the box it's green and it's by Knorr lol. Anyway add that to a blender and blend it once it's done add that to the rice and you can add a little water to the blender so the rest of it comes out. Then add water so that it covers your rice and once it close enough to being done we add peas and carrots, green pepper & cilantro

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 10:28 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• i used zaitarans ((sp?)) dirty beans and rice and it tastes really good!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:45 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:11 PM on Mar. 3, 2010