Just a rant!!

Sometimes I feel like my husband is the laziest man on the freakin' earth! He goes to work and then comes home just to sit on his ass and not move from the chair he is in!Doesn't lend a hand with the kids, doesn't clean, doesn't cook or do laundry!Anytime there is a repair need on the house I have to do it cause "he's too tired" I have two sons and I feel like with my husband I have three kids!! I am trying to teach my sons how to be self sufficient but they look at daddy and say well daddy doesn't do that!! Sometimes I feel like I am a single mom with a immature boyfriend on the side!! Just sick of it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• I will never understand the defense of a man who won't be a man. He earns a pacheck, good for him. That is part of the bargain if the wife stays home. But the work does not stop at clock out time. He needs to do the home repair and be a father. If he is man enough to father a child, he needs to be man enough to spend time with them. Don't listen to anyone who tells you he has the right to sit on his ass because he earns a check. That is a sorry excuse for a husband and father.
    Anonymous

• HE WORKS! Quityerbitchin!!! You get to be a sahm while he pays the bills! He isn't lazy. He expends his energy earning a paycheck, so you can have laundry soap, bleach, dryer sheets, floor cleaner, groceries, soap, shampoo, conditioner, make-up, clothes, the means to do the fix-em-ups...I understand being a SAHM can be very overwhelming, but be THANKFUL he works so you can work at home!
    Ann_Ony_Mouse

Answer by Ann_Ony_Mouse at 9:53 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I agree! My husband works very hard so that I can stay home with our children. Maybe if you started working he would help out more around the house. All of the things he doesn't help out with are in your job description! Sorry, but that's what it means to be a SAHM
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Hey OP, I agree that you should be the one to do the cleaning, cooking, & laundry as a SAHM, but I can also understand why you are disappointed that your DH isn't involved with your kiddos. Even if he is tired, he should find some energy to interact with his children. Tose poor kids probably anticipate his walking throught the door all day, so when dad doesn't want to bother with them, I'm sure they are extremely sad.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 10:18 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Kenzie, you have a point. OP, Encourage him to just snooze on the couch while the kids snuggle with him and watch a movie "with daddy". SOME interaction is better than none. At that time, you can take a nice, warm, relaxing bath.
    Ann_Ony_Mouse

Answer by Ann_Ony_Mouse at 11:00 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• just because someone is a SAHM doesnt mean that dad gets a free pass to not spend time with his kids....

Do you think if you did have a job, would he still act the same ? ( my point being if she did get a job , by the way he sounds, she would still be doing everything she is now, plus the outside job)
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 12:43 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• The fact that your husband works shouldn't mean that he does nothing around the house or with the kids. You don't get to clock out from your job do you?! But, I'm thinking he shouldn't be that tired. I'm mean, what does he do for a living? How many hours does he work? I wonder if it isn't worth having your husbands health checked out to see if there is some underlying health issue that's making him tired.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 1:04 PM on Mar. 3, 2010