has anyone ever felt like their marriage was gone and still tried to conceive?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• My girlfriend did that. She thought it would help the marrigae. It just made things worse and they were sperated before baby was born. She is know struggling to be a single Mom and wishing she would have never done it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• No, but I think it's a very bad idea. Children really do need two parents who not only love them but also love each other and are wholly committed to each other. If the marriage is already in trouble, having a child will only add to the strain.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:19 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• no..and i don't think you would get anyone on here to actually admit to doing that.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:24 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• i think lots of people would get pregnant to try to save there relationships though...bad idea
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:25 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• When I had my first pregnancy,I thought my dh and I were living a fairy tale~LOL. Then,We found out that one of our twins had a kidney disease that was non compatable w/life. I carried them to 31 weeks and my ds died in my arms 2 hours after birth. Then four years later we tried for another baby and I had my second son who was healthy.
    I never thought my marriage was ending,I think if someone has an idea that it's ending and purposfuly gets pg is completely crazy. A pg and a baby add stress and strain married life and on top of that you never really know what you are entering into when you decided to have a baby. I can't imagine trying for a baby knowing that my dh and I were not in a good place.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 10:42 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I made the decision to stay together for our children when my marriage was essentially over. We went on to have another child. The key is, though, that we stayed to raise our kids. We've been married 25 years now. I have learned that there are no perfect people and we worked on our marriage with no option for divorce. We've had our ups and downs over the years, but our kids benefitted from us staying together.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I did. I think back and can't really say why I did that. I know it was wrong.Thankfully it never happened.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Mar. 3, 2010