Is anyone quitting smoking or would like to quit smoking?

Today I'm happy to announce that I am 11 hours clean of nicotine....this is my first step...I'm quitting cold turkey...I don't like any of the medications offered to help with quitting. Besides its like I'm substituting one bad for another....kwim? Anyway I'm sitting here noticing all the different phases I have been going through and working through them. I get cravings and the come in waves.....keeping myself from delving into the craving is hard, but I'm fighting......

I noticed the cravings affect my physiology and my hands shake and I feel nervous...I even get a bitter taste in my mouth.....to counteract this bitter taste and kill the craving what I have done is take a shot of lemon juice or vinegar (rotate them). What I'm doing is associating the craving with something bitter and bad tasting.....its working so far....

Any more advice?

LynnB1

Asked by LynnB1 at 9:59 AM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My dad quit smoking using lemonheads candy. He went through a ton! and now has an addiction to lemonheads, lol... but he doesn't smoke anymore! I was thinking about trying that. :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I used to just hold pretzel sticks just like a cig, then eventually eat them, lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• You're dad was on to something with lemonheads anon!! I was thinking the same thing with the sour/bitter thing......and maybe if I combine it with pretzels!! LOL thanks ladies!!
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 10:14 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• That's great, I would love to quit but I'm not strong on the will power, I've tried just about everything the dr can give and your right about substituting. I know going for walks helps, not running yourself ragged just taking in the scenery. Most of us think smoking helps with stress but just walking down a dirt road or in a park is sooo much better.
    CntryCowgirl

Answer by CntryCowgirl at 10:25 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• freezy pops - lots and lots of freezy pops! they are cheep and they help me - I havent had a cig in 13 days.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 11:05 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I smoked for 22 years and quit cold turkey. My one year anniversary is coming up next month. I'm SO excited!! Carrot sticks and popcorn helped me.
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 11:27 AM on Mar. 3, 2010