? about linear nigra?

i have heard that when you are pregnant, your vagina turns blueish-purple, and you get a dark line on your belly, does this happen to all pregnant woman?

mommyoffour0202

Asked by mommyoffour0202 at 10:17 AM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I've only heard about the line on the tummy. The darker the skin of the person, the darker the line.
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 10:18 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• My vag did not turn bluish purple and I did not get the line on my belly. But I am VERY fairheaded and have very pale skin. Woman with darker skin and hair tend to get it more. I don't know about the bluish purple vag though...never heard of that.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:20 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• The INSIDE of your vagina turns a bluish purple, it's how the diagnosed pregnancy in the old days before pregnancy tests.
    Not everyone gets the linear nigra, but it is usually women with darker skin who get it.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 10:23 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• The cervix gets a blusish color because it fills with blood-not, the vagina. :-)
    ofcourseithurts

Answer by ofcourseithurts at 10:23 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I dont have the line down my tummy. But my belly button and about an inch around it has turned blue. Doctors said its from the stretching and pressure from the blood vessels around my belly button.
    MommaRikard

Answer by MommaRikard at 10:28 AM on Mar. 3, 2010