I bend my ankle but it isn't bruised or visibly swollen.

Should I have it x-rayed or just wait? I hurt it Sunday trying to move a couch and ever since it's been throbbing. But I can stand on it and put weight on it, I just can't bend it. But it's not bruised so could it still be broken or sprained or did I just pull a muscle?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Health

• OP HERE: Oooops.. Sorry.. I meant I CANT bend my ankle
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Probably just a mild sprain-pulled muscle.Skip the x-ray,all they'll tell you do do is baby it and take motrin for pain.take it from me,I've done everything imaginable to my ankles over the years,I'm a klutz! Last time was a few months ago.Water on the floor sent me flying a few feet and a really bad landing! Just about tore my ligaments clear off!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 10:41 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I am a good one at spraining my ankle. I use to do it every 6 months. Since I have been seeing the chiropractor for it. It has been a year and half since I have done that. My chiropractor will do the old fashion way of finding out if it is broken. Then if that shows it is not. He will adjust it so it is all back alignment. A Dr will just tell you to keep off of it and take Motrin. Which hides the pain but does not heal it right. So there is more chances of it happening again. That is why I use to do it so much. My Chiropractor also told me I have done so much damage to it. That will be problem constantly I have. When I am done either by the end of the night or the next day I am up and walk with a limb but mo more pain. It is amazing and would recommend it to anyone.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I doubt you broke it. It is possible it's sprained, though. I'd say just take aspirin and stay off it as much as possible, and if it's not feeling better in a week or so, then maybe see your doctor. I broke my ankle last summer, and from what I could tell from my experience and what the dr kept telling me, if you broke it, there'd be no doubt. You wouldn't be able to put any weight on it.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:22 AM on Mar. 3, 2010