Why wont my 4 month old sleep through the night?

wakes up still 2x a night. But.. last night was the first night she has sleept through the night til 7:30am. Does this mean she will continue to do this?? I hope so, its not easy..Any Ideas to help her sleep through the night??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Because it's normal for human children to wake at night until they are 3 years or older.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:41 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• 4 months old is really young...my youngest is 2 1/2 and she still wakes up during the night. And just because she slept through the night one night does not mean she is going to start doing it on a regular basis!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 10:43 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Her tummy may not be ready to fast all night. She will continue to do so until her body is ready for an all night fast.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:43 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I agree with Gailll, It is normal for her to still be waking up. With my three kids I did notice once they slept through the night once, it started happening more often. So you may have some more nights of peace, but you may not also. My two year old has been sleeping through the night for over a year and has just this week started waking up at about 2am again. UGH! Not my preference, but it seems to be his lately.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:45 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Most babies don't sleep through the night at that age, and it shouldn't be expected. My son didn't sleep through the night until he was 11 months... and that wasn't every night. He didn't sleep through the night on a regular basis until he was 18 months old.... and we still have the rare night he's up at 4 or 5 am. It's NORMAL.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:54 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• because he's 4 months, that's why. some kids don't start sleeping through the night till 6 months or even 3yrs. thankfully both mine have since 6 months. (i think it also has to do with the parenting style)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• She is only 4 months!!! Geezee...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• It's normal as gaill said. The vast majority of babies wake in the night. It isn't easy, but you will get into the groove of nighttime parenting.

Five hours is consdered a "sleep through" and even a "wake to eat / diaper change" and back to sleep is a normal sleeping pattern. Even adults wake to pee or some other reason even if they don't remember!

We breastfeed and co-sleep so I probably get far more sleep that those that use cribs in separate room or bottle feed because i don't have to fully get up.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:02 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• my 3 yrl old wakes up at night and so does my 1 yr old.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:33 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Most 4 month olds don't sleep through the night. It is probably just a fluke. I remember that one night that my (now 8 month old) slept 8 hours at 5 months. Now at 8 months she nurses at least 4 times during the night. One of my kids started sleeping though the nigh on his own at 6 months. You just never know!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:24 PM on Mar. 3, 2010