Is Rice Dream Non-dairy Rice Milk good for toddler?

My daughter doesn’t like any milk such caw, soy, toddler formula, but yesterday I bought this milk and she loved it, but I am not sure if that milk is good for her, she is 13 months old. If somebody has had any experience with that milk or other better please help, thanks

yolaa

Asked by yolaa at 10:49 AM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• That's what I give my son. We're vegans. He hasn't had any problems with it. There's also almond milk and coconut milk but I've only tried the almond.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 10:50 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Small amounts are fine like poured over cereal. However, toddlers should drink water. There is no need for cow's milk.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:59 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• YES!!! YAY!!! I am sooo glad that you tried something other than cows milk (which NO HUMAN should EVER drink)

You can also try Almond, Cashew, Hemp, or Coconut (it's a diuretic though, so go easy on this one) milks.

Like gaill said though, (and I rarely EVER agree with her) Your child needs to be drinking WATER rather than milk, juice, pop, tea, etc. You can also brew things like Red Clover Tea (It helps blood platelets, and it tastes good- and it is an herbal, so, no caffeine), or Chamomile (again, no caffeine, and perfectly safe) and add a drop or two of 'Stevia' (google it- it is amazing stuff, we use setvia clear in our house) to it, and let her drink that- same benefit as drinking water.

Avoid drinking soy in large amounts, because it has the potential to wack out your hormones (again, just google it)

Rice milk is awesome though! I love it!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:11 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• My son is allergic to soy & cow's milk. Rice milk is all he drinks. I also cook with it.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 11:39 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I have no problem with regular milk and my kids drink large amount of it - we LOVE milk! But due to my oldest having autism we did a wheat free, dairy free diet for about a year. During that time, my sons drank rice milk and actually liked it. They wouldn't drink soy milk, but liked the rice milk. According to the nutritionist, it was fine for my son(s) to be drinking it - my 2nd was a year old, my 1st was 3 years old.

Answer by missanc at 12:32 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• the only concern is that there's not the fat content in rice milk that there is in cows milk. You could try hemp milk, it has alot of the good "fats" also double check the nutrition label to make sure that it is fortified rice milk, unfortified doesn't have enough nutrients in it for toddlers
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 2:03 PM on Mar. 3, 2010