Should transgender kids get to use the school facilities that they identify with?

I am talking about the restrooms which are identified as "male" and the other "female." Some think the transgendered kids should get to pick which restroom they use.Do you agree? and what do you think the effects could be on those kids who are not transgendered? What problems could arise if any?

http://www.bangordailynews.com/detail/138022.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't see where it'd be an issue for transgendered boys to use the girl's room,we aren't naked in there! As far as girl's using the boys,they have urinals so they might see the boy's privates.All this is in theory.i don't think its fair for everyone else to be uncomfortable when we're trying to do our business!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 10:56 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• In the past, we marginalized transgendered children. Even their parents treated them badly. We don't know what to do, so we are in the stage of trying to figure it out. Teaching other children tolerance isn't a bad thing, even if it scares their parents (who also need to learn the same lessons). Watch the pain in a 4 year old's eyes when he confides to someone that he's really a girl and the so-called adult laughs at him and you will know what I mean. This happened to my son, and I don't know what to do. This isn't an issue of politics. It's an issue of compassion and love for my child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• if you have a kitty you go in the girls, if you have a willy you go in the boys...its that simple
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:01 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• It's only that simple to YOU. Try raising a child who is transgendered and then tell me how simple it is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• They should go in whatever restroom that goes with what gender they actually are. Gay kids do that, it doesn't seem to be an issue as far as I know.
    Missbehaves

Answer by Missbehaves at 11:12 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I don't think it's good for the transgendered kids. First off, transgendered adults have to use the bathrooms of their genetic sex in most places or risk arrest. So we're going to give kids this right, then when they turn eighteen suddenly the right is taken away? How's that going to affect their sense of self? Second it would put them in potentially dangerous situation. Bathrooms are not monitored, and straight on straight violence in school bathrooms is rampant. WHY would you put a person who clearly sets off other people's insecurities in a situation like that?
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 11:25 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Boys go wee wee standing up so they use the boys bathroom...girls go wee wee sitting down so they use the girls bathroom.

Unless we want to change it to something like 'pens go here' and 'hotdog buns go here'..instead of boys/girls.Of course im being sarcastic

This whole deal is ridiculous and absolute lunacy imo
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:13 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I'm not sure.
    My first reaction is to say that they should use the restroom that correlates with their genitalia.
    Anonymous

• No. There is no reason for them to do that. It should not even be an issue. How about worrying about what the nontransgender kids think and feel.
    Anonymous

• my boss is transgender. His boobs are as big as mine. If he tried to come in the restroom with me though i would be upset. He has a willy so he can go stand in the stall and urinate with the rest of the men.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:29 PM on Mar. 3, 2010