Can you share your ideas????

I make Diaper cakes and diaper cupcakes and a lot of little things like that for babies.... I want to start doing it to help bring a little extra income in the household but I don't know how to advertise my work or where??? any suggestions????

lucy0716

Asked by lucy0716 at 11:10 AM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• a baby boutique in your town could be helpful. You could put a few examples in their shop with your contact info. You may hav eot give them a couple bucks off each transaction but it would reach the crowd you are looking for.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:11 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Etsy.com, Artfire.com or perhaps Ebay
    Most Boutiques -in my experience only take things on consignment so you only get paid when they sell..
    GL!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 11:24 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Craft shows, flea markets, local online classifieds
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 11:32 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• My first advice to you is find a local craft show and sign up. Your type of craft is unique and chances are, you might be the only one doing that type of craft, which is a good thing because you have no competition that way. I hand pour my own candles and tarts but sometimes I have some competition, so I have developed a line of room sprays. The best advertisement is word of mouth, that is how I got started. Make a few of your cakes and take pictures of them, post on internet, start a website, intuit.com is suppose to be free. Go to your local flea market and set up a table with pictures of your cakes, make business cards, and flyers, get together the people you have given or made cakes for and ask them for a testimonial or reference. Create a small book with all these things and show people what you have to offer. Come up with a cute business name and advertise in your local yellow pages, newspapers and online ads.
    CasualCandles

Answer by CasualCandles at 12:01 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• You could donate a few of your items for charity auctions. That would help get samples of yoru work out in the community. You could also print up some small flyers and see if you could leave them at businesses that cater to pregnant women - OB/GYN offices, baby stores, daycares, etc. Maybe you could contact a couple of caterers to see if they wanted to use your diaper cakes for table center pieces when they do baby showers.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 12:40 PM on Mar. 3, 2010