Whats it called when it's not implantation? TMI maybe

I know the sperm met the egg. I knew some of the pregnancy symptoms where legit. But AF came along 2 days ago. I was very very light bleeding the first 2 days that only a pantyliner was needed. I woke up this morning and my pantyliner filled with blood and a clot. The clot was about a quarter size. Is this a miscarriage or whats another word for implantation gone wrong? I am super sad and wonder if there was something I could have done to help it implant for next time? Any suggestions?

JuneWestling

Asked by JuneWestling at 11:11 AM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• to me it dose sound like u did miscarriage
    mommyloves621

Answer by mommyloves621 at 2:08 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• No necessarily. Menstrual blood clots are usually nothing to worry about. In fact, in most cases, they are perfectly normal. A few quarter-sized, or smaller, blood clots in your menstrual flow just mean your body's natural coagulation system is doing its job.

and

These are some of the signs that you should talk with your doctor about menstrual blood clots.

* You have been passing blood clots for more than a day.

* The blood clots are large, bigger than a quarter.

* You've never passed menstrual blood clots before, so having blood clots in your menstrual flow is an unusual occurrence for you. Such changes in your menstrual cycle could be a sign of a more serious medical condition.

got it from here: http://ezinearticles.com/?Menstrual-Blood-Clots---Should-You-Be-Worried&id=592346
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• You've never passed menstrual blood clots before, so having blood clots in your menstrual flow is an unusual occurrence for you.
    I have never passed a blood clot that I am aware of. I may sound crazy but "i always check'. I have very low iron and so clotting for me takes a while.
    JuneWestling

Answer by JuneWestling at 11:20 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• thats what I thought but I was thinking maybe there was a name for when the egg doesn't plant. Better luck next month
    JuneWestling

Answer by JuneWestling at 2:43 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I really doubt that you had a M/C. If you were only a few day late for AF, that would mean you were just over 4 weeks right? That would mean that baby was not really developed at all. Possibly could have been a chemical, but that is no heavier than a regular period. GL and I hope things work out
    Faithums

Answer by Faithums at 3:35 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• It's called a chemical pregnancy. When the egg is fertilized but it does not implant. I've had 2 this past year. The first one the most devastating.
    sunnyflower417

Answer by sunnyflower417 at 8:53 AM on Mar. 14, 2010