candle wax in the carpet

Hey everyone,
My husband spilled candle wax on the carpet and left it there. What's even funnier is he moved the coffee table over it because he didn't want me to see it until he could figure out how to get it up so i wouldn't get mad...lol anyway does anyone know a good way to get candle wax out of carpet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I have heard 2 different things on this one...never tried either of them myself. One is to use an ice cube to get it really hard & then scrape it off. The other is to heat it ( I think you use an iron over an old towel) & remelt and then try to get it up that way.
    charity987

Answer by charity987 at 11:30 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• yep, take a paper bag, lay it over the wax, get your iron and turn it on a medium heat. rub it over the bag. it will soak up the wax. works like a charm!

KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 11:30 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Paper bag over the wax and iron it on low setting, works wonders!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:29 PM on Mar. 6, 2010