Does anyone Like to grocery shop?

I have to go tonight and I would rather have a stick in my eye than go grocery shopping. If I send DH though, he will spend exactly TWICE as much as I do.

I just wondered if there are some people who actually enjoy it!

chefronswife

Asked by chefronswife at 11:29 AM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I love going grocery shopping. I worked at a grocery store for five years. I miss working there. The cashiers know me pretty well at the one we shop at. I always stop and chat with them. It's a blast.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I love it. When I'm at the real grocery store anyway. Trips to WalMart make me ill.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 11:32 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• hahahahaha, your funny. Yeah I like it, sometimes I would rather stay home but I like to get out, we live far from any town so its a treat to go for that country drive and see people! So i think it all varies, good luck and deep breaths and keep your on the prize
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 11:32 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I do. I LOVE to grocery shop. I always have. I take my time to go up and down the aisles, I like talking to the cashiers, etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I DO! I only get to Wal Mart once a month, so I try to get as much as I can. People will ask me where to find things and the cashiers look at me like "oh, hell no". I'm too young to remember the great depression, but, there's just something about having a kitchen full of food that makes me happy.
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 11:32 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I love it. I walk all the isles and plan out healthy choices and good deals.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:36 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I enjoy grocery shopping, now that I've started shopping with coupons. When I go to the store I have a list. I know exactly what I'm getting, how much it's on sale for (I rarely buy anything that isn't on sale), how much off the coupons are (I rarely buy anything without a coupon) & what my final price should be. I also write on my list how many of each I am to buy. I get tunnel vision while I'm shopping & do not look at or pick up anything that is not on my list. Then when I check out, I wait anxiously to see how much I save. (2 weeks ago, everything came up to $375 and then after my store card & coupons I paid $160). I try not to take my husband because he doesn't get the tunnel vision like me & he disappears for a while and comes back with stuff that isn't on my list! (that usually means it's not on sale & I don't have coupons for it, with messes with my savings %...grrr).
    charity987

Answer by charity987 at 11:36 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I am not really fond of grocery shhopping. I like to get in and get out, I always have a list and I don't "browse". LOL. I also get so sick of people blocking the aisle and staring at the foods like they are hypnotized. And I am bothered by all the Moms who bring tired hungry kids with them and allow them to have meltdowns in the store. Arghhh.....
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 11:38 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I actually like it, I think because a) I love cooking and planning meals, b) I love to find great deals and check out the circular before going, use coupons and have a list, and last but not least, c) I get to go alone with no kids! Well, most of the time, sometimes my 5YO tags along, but she's the easy one, lol.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:48 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• HATE IT!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:56 AM on Mar. 3, 2010