Does anyone feel as if SAHM's judge us working moms?

I get this attitude from sahm's that being a working mom is selfish or a bad thing yet these women have a choice to be a stay at home mom they have men who provide how about us women who are single and have no choice? Oh i forgot if we really wanted to we can sit at home on welfare i guess and be a single mom but because we work to provide a roof over our child's head we are bad mothers? I wanted to be a stay at home but things didn't work out between me and my son's father.I actually put off work for months living off my savings but once my savings ran out what was I to do? Be homeless but hey at least i can say my son is by my side on the street. I hate people that judge that do not have to go through what I go through. Believe me I don't go to work because im trying to avoid motherhood. I breastfeed so the need to go back to work is a big burden and pumping at work just sucks. I would of loved to stay home but I couldn't.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Money & Work

• no
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I don't care what you or anyone else dose. Doesnt affect me. go to work; stay home; i dont care. make no difference in my life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Yes. I am actually a SAHM and a working mom at the same time....so I do what they do AND work my job all day too, not easy to juggle. I did used to go into the office full time, but after kids I worked from home a couple days a week and went to the office a few days....now I'm home full time with them, I'm lucky my job is so flexible, but I will say that in all the SAHM vs Working mom wars, its the SAHMs that do the bulk of the judging and boy can they be mean, the thing they say that chaps my ass the most is that we are not raising our children, which is obviously absurd. I can't not work, we can't afford it. I think all moms are great and deserve a pat on the back, and I'm not saying SAHMs have it easy by any stretch, its not all Oprah and bon bons staying home, believe me, I know that, but for some reason they can be so mean to working moms, not sure why, I'm guessing its some kind of insecurity.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Well I'm a SAHM and have never had a thought about "working moms". We're all just moms, k?
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 11:53 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Most of the Moms I know have been working since their babies were infants, they don't look down on me and I don't them. I think they are much stronger than me, I couldn't do it only because I wouldn't be able to keep up....I feel very fortunate to be able to stay home, and admire the Moms who are working and doing an awesome job being a great parent!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:54 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I am a stay at home mom...and I have been a working mom too. I personally have never judged anyones decisions in life...they are not mine to make. I enjoyed working as a parent and I enjoy staying home too. I understand both ends. Try not to care too much what other people think...you know what you need to do and that is no one elses business to judge.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:57 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I am a sahm and it never even crossed my mind that working moms are being selfish or how ever you put it. I think wow I could never do that, I dont know how they do it, I wish I could work I just dont know how, if that makes any sense, daycare is an arm and a leg, so I am just waiting. Your lucky to have a job and should feel proud and not like you are being judged.Not saying you dont feel that way now. But dont feel attacked by sahm's and i think the ones who do attack you, so to speak, are just jealous that they aren't out there working too. Sometimes its easy for s sahm to feel disconnected from the real world, or working world.
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 11:58 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• am sahm and i dont judge working moms. i wish i was one cuz i hate staying homr
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:58 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• dial 555-DRAMA and see if anyone answers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Mar. 3, 2010

• i work part time. i feel like working moms judge sahms more
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:59 AM on Mar. 3, 2010