How do you take care of yourself without being selfish?

desertgurl02

Asked by desertgurl02 at 11:56 AM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Health

• When the oxygen masks drop in the jet mothers are instructed to take a breath first before they give their child a breath. If they are dead they can't take care of their child and both will die.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:03 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I think of it as just that: Taking care of myself. It's hard to be the best mother, wife, friend, whatever unless you are right with yourself first. Sometimes that means taking a moment for yourself and letting other things wait. It's not selfish. You are a person too with interests and rights of your own and you DESERVE to be taken care of. :)
    kmseager

Answer by kmseager at 12:05 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• oh wait...maybe I misunderstood the question!
    kmseager

Answer by kmseager at 12:06 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• kmseager-you understood it perfectly! I'm having a hard time puttung myself first. Thank You.
    desertgurl02

Answer by desertgurl02 at 12:08 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Taking care of yourself is NOT being selfish.
    Anonymous

• Taking care of yourself is not selfish. And those who think it is are just a tad cracked in my opinion.

If someone does not take good care of themselves. How in the world can they take good care of others...

If a person a mom/wife in this case. Does not take care of herself, and in turn she becomes: stressed out, overworked, overtired, resentful, unhealthy....ect.......ect.ect ........ How can she possibly remain a good wife/mother? In order for a woman to be the best for her family, and able to giver her best for her family.....She needs to be at her best, and the only way to achieve that, is by taking care of herself.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 12:37 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I work them into it so we are all getting what we want and need and I get care as well.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:54 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• One of the first things I was taught when I went to school to be a medic was: If you can't take care of yourself, you can't take care of anyone else. That is true in every aspect of our lives- not just professional, but personal as well.
    Yea, kids are demanding & require a lot of care... but you need something for you too. You deserve it :)
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 6:07 AM on Mar. 4, 2010