custody visitation examples with toddlers

My son is 21 months old. we live in california. My son's father did lived with us for 11 months but did not help what so ever, got home late woke up late, etc. he made threats of abuse regarding our son by now denies it in front of judge. I would take ds over there a few times a week but i supervised. Now i have asked him to visit at our home, when ever he wants just give me a days heads up. He only sees son now like once or twice a month telling the judge that it is because he is uncomfortable at my house. I asked for supervised visitation leading to unsupervised following the schedule that he originally chose, two week days for an hour each and sunday for two hrs. he is asking for every other day 6pm to 6pm. Our son is afraid of him. what will the judge set up as visitation? i am really scared for my son's safety and well being.

Jnc91

Asked by Jnc91 at 12:04 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• Nope! My oldest DD has a different dad who's always been in her life & a great dad (crappy boyfriend) when we split & worked our custody agreement was all crazy like for 6 months he sees her everyother wknd from 9-4, then 6mths later it went til 6pm & when she was 3 (1.5 years later) he got one overnight visit a month and slowly added on to it until now he gets her every other weekend & because he's been such a positive influence & she really loves being with him he know picks her up Thursdays to start his wknd & comes by 3 nights a week on my week to help her do HW. She's 8 now. I really had to let MY vision of him for how he was as my boyfriend go & do what was best for her, but it took a long time to get to that point!! Do what you know is best for you guys!
    briandaddie

Answer by briandaddie at 2:33 PM on Mar. 3, 2010